Friday, February 25, 2005

Slightly Sick.

Today I've got the shivers all over my body and a tight band round my forehead. A rather ticklish throat is also in the mix. I can't count the amount of times I've fallen ill since I've landed in London. It's starting to piss me off a bit. I've had bad colds, stomach complaints, shingles, maybe a suspected ulcer, chronic back pain, fevers and the occasional lapse into tourettes. The worst thing is I try to look after myself. Honest I do. I eat my porridge in the morning, I drink as much water as I can handle, I eat vegetables most days, I try and get some fruit down my gullet. I try to drink in moderation. What's moderation you ask? I had 4 becks tops, 1 Sol and about 3 shots on Wednesday night, and a maybe a glass of wine. To me, that seems normal. If that's not normal, please tell me. I don't drink every night, and I try to have an early night at least once a week. I don't get twatted every weekend, but when I do, it's usually at least a 24hr debarcle, which takes a lot longer to recover from. I smoke socially, which I'm trying to curb, but it's about the best thing I can think of doing while having a drink. These aspects of my life combined with the weather, which I'm not used to in the slightest. I don't think I wrap up well enough, I still haven't got a scarf or a hat yet. I think I entertain some eternal life fantasy, that I'll come through it all unscathed. Oh is that proving to be wrong....

I've just read what I've written. I'm not having a whinge. Honest I'm not, I'm just laying my cards on the table and trying best to figure out what the best plan of action is from now, to keep the good ship Reilly ship shape and on course for the years to come. If anyone can give some tips, I'll give it a go. (Within reason chaps, I'm not about to become a tee-totaller just yet, nor am I going to give up eating steaks and having the an occasional time getting bent to herculean proportions.)

P.S. I still haven't dragged my ass to the gym.
P.P.S. I might just be getting old.
P.P.P.S. This whole post was written on a concoction of head and flu tablets plus a few codiene thrown in for good measure, so you may as well disregard the whole lot.