Monday, February 14, 2005

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr Hyde



Originally uploaded by LIFE OF REILLY.

Mr Hyde

Had a quiet night on Friday, due to the silly, Colombian inspired night I had on Thursday, which turned me into what seemed very rock and roll excessive monster. But in truth gave me a serious brain splitting hangover and a few gross additions to my hankie.

Dr. Jeckyll

It was nice to have a Saturday morning, and it was domestic paradise. It was all very civilised, and got all my shit sorted. Went for a drive with my flatmate, which is freaky, considering I haven't really been in a car in London, except for late night taxis. Man don't the buses rule! Big "get-the-fuck-out-of-my-way" red road warriors. Scary when you are in a puny car. Went to Clapham Junction and had a browse through Northcote Market. I need to come back here with a serious wad of cash. Way too much good bread, wine, deli food, fish and cheese. Definitely worth the visit. Then went to a few garden/diy shops. Outside of of these shops, I saw a plastic bag destroy a mans bicycle. It got caught in the gears at the back of the bike. I saw him try and pull it out, and just make matters worse. He kept tugging and gradually becoming unhinged. I could see him mouthing the work "Fuck". He eventually lost the battle with the bag and the little cog at the back of the gears snapped. Bag 1 Bike 0. The rest of the day was spent grazing and mooching around the house.

Mr Hyde

However I got a call to go out for a quiet drink with Ms.Smacked Face. A cider and a diet coke. Who are we trying to kid. Of course we ended up getting boozed, listened to some fantastic tunes, saw a bit of girl on girl action (oooh err). Eventually got back to a mates studio, then to a friends place and got properly twatted. Listened to an amazing remix of "Owner of a lonely heart." Then back to the pub for more punishment. Too many highlights to mention, but there are a few gems. Managing to go through 7 packets of duty free ciggies with mates. That the words "Shattered Lamb" would be a great name for a death metal band. A small re-enactment of the shining. A close friend was passed a hollow cigarette type device and was figuring how to smoke it. The same person spilled a full Kahula and milk on the pub floor and tried to mop it up with a magazine. Priceless. I managed to turn a plate of nachos into the journey of a lonely white elephant (sour cream) who was trying to find his way round an island (a plate) to his home (doritos) but a volcano had erupted and spewed lava (salsa), and thus blocking his way. The rescue helicopter (wooden spoon) came to the rescue and transported the lonely white elephant to his home on the other side of the island. (I'm not clinically insane, just incase you are thinking). Endless fun out the words "pork & leek sausage" and "white beans" Watching my friends drop like flies after a special after dinner mint. (very funny) and then cleaned up at pool with my curly headed mate. Got out of there at 11.00pm and took the 250 steps back to my house (yes I've counted them.)
NB: Just remembered I also got an honorary Knighthood with a broom, from my good welsh mate.

Dr. Jeckyll

The best realisation is that the crew who I now run about with are the most beautiful, bullshit-free, safe-as-fuck bunch of people I have met in a long time. I love my mates and I love Brixton.