Monday, February 21, 2005

Good times. Bad times.

What a weekend. Big ups and big downs.

On the good side, I went to possibly one of the funniest double birthday celebrations I've been to in a long, long time. Many highlights including: Scaring small children pretending I'm blind, friends in Hannibal Lecter masks, one of my best friends in a comprising position with novelty specs and his kilt. A tweed cape that wouldn't stay on, a stuffed hedgehog called hedgie, a friend who may have pissed himself while passed out, curtain confessions, a litter collecting stick and last but not least a blue sponge. All sound a bit weird? Take into account a decision to get some mexican mycelium at 11.00am on a Saturday, and you can see how all these seemingly random objects fall into place. Well you had to be there, honest. Suffice to say, it was a hilarious, seemingly endless day. Happy birthday Ms. Smacked Face, and happy birthday Tom.

On the bad side, the rest of the weekend was recovering and noticing the wear and tear on the old body is got to a point where I seriously have to give myself a decent break. I have to. Just to top it all off, I came to work today and find that yet another good mate from New Zealand, Karlos has died. We had a good few moments over the years bro. Infact you we're one of the last people I hung out with before I left New Zealand. You won't be forgotten. Then I hear Hunter S Thompson has also died. It's put me in a very strange mood, and I feel it's a sign to start looking after myself a lot better. Two of my friends have died since I left New Zealand. The sense of my own mortality is freaking me out at the moment. Bigtime. It's all a bit surreal to be honest.