Monday, March 14, 2005

Twenty Tracks.

Step 1: Get Bored.
Step 2: Compile a list of twenty tracks.
Step 3: Take a line from each song in order from your track listing.
Step 4: Try* to make a story from the line in order.
Step 5: Post the story.
Step 6: Throw down the Gauntlet to anyone. (that means you)
Step 7: Wait for a reply.
Step 8: See Step 1.


He calls her aloud from above,

She doesn't know your name
Me think of girl constantly
In love with nobody else
I'm gonna lose myself in you

There's reason to be uncertain
I I I I I'm not your stepping stone
Uh-oh, little girl, psychotic reaction
Then he cries, then he screams, saying
I'm standing out your window

Spent my cash on every high I could find
Don't look so scared I'm no mad-brained bear
Maybe she's sleeping, maybe she's ill
Can’t you hear me knockin’ on your window
It is you, oh yeah
Sneakin round round round in a blue jumpsuit

I been very tempted
When there's no one around
We can talk, if we like
Take my hand you ugly girl


Joy Division - Isolation
Blondie - Maria
The Sonics - Louie Louie
The Stooges - No Fun
Magazine - Give me Everything
Radio 4 - State of Alert
Paul Revere & The Raiders - I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone
Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
Patti Smith - Land
QOTSA - Little sister
Richard Hell And The Voidoids - White punks on Dope
Rolling Stones - Stray cat blues
Rolling Stones - off the hook
Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Pressure Drop - The Specials
Ghostrider - Suicide
The Clash - Somebody got murdered
The English beat - Tears of a clown
The Futureheads - Meantime
Ween - Mutilated lips


(*Yes, I might need my head read, but I think I've done ok on my first attempt.)