Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Mair Glesga.

Day Two. Sunday.
Somewhere in Glasgow @ 7.00am

Woke up, not knowing where I was for a second, next to my cousin, who I haven't seen in years. ( Not one those "Deliverance" type cousin scenarios). Got my bearings and went back to sleep. Eventually got up and went and visited my granny. It's strange seeing grannys. I haven't really had close contact with my grand parents my entire life, so I always feel odd. I can't put it into words at the moment. Anyway went from there to see my Mums sister. She's my favourite. She's just like my mum, which I do miss. Stayed for a few hours and then caught up with some cousins and watched football. Not just any football, mind you. The bhoys! The Hoops! The one and only Celtic. I've been brought up since day one on that football team. I couldn't tell you any of the players names, or what position they are in the league, but that's unimportant to me. It's that unconditional allegiance to something that means something so much to your entire family. I'm never gonna fuck with that. 2-2 draw. Bummer. Nevermind. Went down to the pub and had a session, then made our way to someone's place and got quite blotto. Highlight was a dinner of the HOTTEST chinese beef curry and rice with chips through it. Sounds rank, but it's amazing. Well when your half cut, a scabby dug tastes good eh? First mouthful, my windpipe went on strike in 0.1 of a second, and I was choking. Funnily enough so was my cousin in the sink. Family trait? After that hurdle, it was wolfed down in quick-smart world record beating speed. Then we watched The Life of Brian and had a giggle. After that my cousin and I cut a track back to his gaff, where I gaped in amazement at his incredible musical taste and massive collection of every cd I have ever owned or wanted to own. It became apparent really quickly that, my cousin is my older doppleganger, and that we were gonna have a good time. We even dress the same, it's quite funny to see where I'm going to be in ten years. We spend the next few hours watching Nick Cave videos, and getting the munchies. (Note to self: Don't eat Jalopeno peppers at 2am) Went to bed with terrible indigestion and woke up late. All in all a good day.