Sunday, November 07, 2004

The top and the bottom.

On Friday, I managed not to get arrested for my great idea for the U.S. embassy, and took a bit of a mental health day. Didn't feel good at all. Might be this S.A.D. Been told to get on the St.Johns Wort. Which I might just do. Just feel so cheated with all this lack of sun and the grey sky, which is the perfect compliment to the grey concrete buildings. Grey overload on the grey matter. Anyway I went out to my second home at the great Smacked face towers for a bit of cheering up. Took a while to shake my winter blues, but they eventually got shaken out along with bits of my wallet and braincells. Ended up having a good ol' time on the roof, watching the the whole of London explode with fireworks, supping mulled wine and letting off big fuck off rockets. I'm so surprised what you can actually buy in the shops here. Serious weaponary for the seriously stupid. Trotted on down to what seems to becoming my local. The White Horse. All good, as usual. Back to the towers for what turned in yet another morning of debauchery. Ended up with a marathon music downloading session. Very memorable. The hairs on my arms started doing a very strange thing. Whenever a good track came on, I'd get serious goosebumps. It was like a pop music barometer. I had goosebumps on my goosebumps all day. What a crack up. Some tracks that stand out (just like my goosebumps) were : There there my dear - Dexys midnight runners. Tears of a clown - The English Beat. Can't always get want you want - The Rolling Stones. Rocks Off - The Rolling Stones. Another Girl, Another Planet - Only Ones. Jane Says (Steel Drums mix) - Janes Addiction. Run Wild - New Order. And of course Teenage Kicks - The Undertones. It will possibly be one of the best music days that I've had in such a long time. Eh Ms. Smacked Face ;) Ended up going out later on to Pigeonhold and getting quite spannered. Another great night. Some how managed to lose both my wallet, with some cash in it, and my phone. Brilliant! Now I have to figure out how to pay my bills, eat and get around till I sort out that little mess. And build up an entire new phonebook. Excellent. Not. Rest of my weekend has been eating chocolate, slow cooked pork belly, cups of tea and downloading a huge amount of music. That and cursing my self for being so retarded. Oh well, musn't grumble.